Sunday, August 13, 2006

SUNDAY SERMON ON THE BLOG – THE ROAD TO LIFE.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. - Matthew 7:13-14.

The world wants a Saviour but not a Lord. The New Testament is very clear, a Saviour who is not Lord, is no Saviour and no friend.

If the Old Testament showed us anything, it is that God's seemingly strange laws were written not for his fascination, but for his people's preservation.

Let us not only call Jesus Lord this week, but let us live in a way that shows that He controls our lives, and His Spirit produces our character.

Loving Father, I thank you that Jesus is my Saviour and LORD. Help me by the power of the Holy Spirit as you take control of my life and my will so that I may be totally yours, not just in word, but in thought and in deed as well. I ask this in the wonderful name of Jesus. Amen.

Be encouraged!
GBYAY