Sunday, October 28, 2007

SUNDAY SERMON ON THE BLOG – BOAST ONLY IN THE CROSS!

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. - Galatians 6:14.

What is your source of pride?

Paul reminds us that our one, true, and reliable source of boasting, is in what the Lord has done for us on the Cross.

All other reasons to boast are fleeting glimpses at empty prominence, compared to the joy and assurance of sharing in Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.

Loving Heavenly Father, forgive me, for the times I have thought myself important because of some temporary achievement. Thank you for giving me a foundation source, of boasting in Jesus' love and grace, demonstrated in the Cross. Help me by the power of the Holy Spirit, to be aware of these, at all times. In the mighty name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged.
GBYAY